Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Leeky dinner!

Tonight Joe walked in the house before I had dinner done.  I was not expecting him so early.  This was a very easy and delicious pasta dish that I threw together in 20 minutes. This is my own recipe and I tweak it often, but this is it in it's most basic form.  It's summery and bright and perfect for a spring meal! I encourage you to try it.





- 3 Leeks
- 1 lemon plus zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- A few tablespoons of olive oil
- chopped walnuts
- fresh curly parsley
- fresh basil leaves
- fettucini
- shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
crushed red pepper optional

Boil your salted water and get the fettucini going while you prepare the rest!
Cut leek roots at white bottoms and cut dark green parts, leaving only a small amount of light green leek. Wash thoroughly.  Slice finely.  Heat a skillet with olive oil, add the leeks and cook until transluscent and soft.  Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes taking care not to let it brown. Add the cooked fettucini and toss.  Add fresh parsley and basil, juice of 1 lemon, zest of one lemon, and walnuts.  Continue to toss and add salt and pepper to your liking. Top with fresh parmesan.

Enjoy this delicious pasta dish!



3 comments:

  1. We enjoyed a bottle of Patland Estates Red Terra del Cuore, their proprietary Sangiovese blend (2008). I know it's a red, but it went well with the dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this is right up my alley. I don't love walnuts so maybe I would use pine nuts. I love anything lemon with pasta! Add some pics of the cooking process to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pine nuts can be substituted for sure. You can add more lemon or even cream if you want a thicker coating on the pasta.

      Delete